Our health screening service offers a complete programme designed to assist with identifying, reducing and removing health risks.
Health screening is a proactive approach to effective health and lifestyle management. This form of health screening is aimed at early identification of medical conditions which could cause ill health and even premature death. Such examples include heart disease, cancers and mental health disorders – for example depression.
What Health Screening Involves:
Part 1 – Meeting with the Nurse
- Blood pressure, heart rate, weight, height, body mass index measurement
- Urinalysis to check kidney function
- Lung function test particularly for those with asthma, recent shortage of breath or chest infections
- Heart assessment
- VDU eye assessments to check near and far vision, visual activity and to check for colour blindness
- An extensive blood screening which includes an assessment of cholesterol and glucose levels, liver and kidney function, measurement of haemoglobin and iron levels, full blood count and a screen for gout and haemochromatosis
Part 2 – Doctor Consultation
- Physical examination and assessment of the body systems
- Breast/testicular cancer risk awareness and advice
- Analysis and explanation of tests completed
- Advice on behavioural and lifestyle modification
Comprehensive health screening helps in early detection of a disease and is more cost effective than treating the disease itself, in other words, prevention is better than cure!